East Harling Cemetery sits off the Garboldisham Road on the village boundary and is open to all residents of the Harlings. The Cemetery is maintained by the Parish Council and any complaints or questions should be raised with the Clerk.
Cemetery rules and regulations:
- No interment or erection of any gravestone or any monumental inscription shall be allowed until prior written permission has ben obtained by the Council.
- No tablet or kerbstones are permitted
- The Council does not undertake the digging of graves
- Ministers and Cemetery fees are the responsibility of the Undertakers
- The erection of a memorial is not permitted until an exclusive rights of burial has been purchased
- No flowers, trees or shrubs to be planted
- No naked flames
- All Christmas plants to be removed by February
- Dead/old decorations will be removed by the Council and disposed off
- The Parish Council shall not be held responsible for any damage or breakage of memorials.
- The Owner may have liability of any injury or death resulting from an unstable erected memorial.
- For the interment of the body of a person below the age of 18 – no cost
- For the interment of a person over the age of 18 – £150
- for the interment of cremated remains – £100
- Exclusive right of burial including deed of assignment – £150
- Erection of a headstone – £100